Calypso Ultrasonic Portable Solar Powered Wind Meter – CMI1006
The Calypso Ultrasonic Portable anemometer is a solar wind speed and wind direction meter, measuring only 70mm in diameter it requires no wiring on installation and communicates by Bluetooth directly to App or into an NMEA network via the Calypso NMEA Gateway.
The Calypso Ultrasonic Portable Solar wind speed and wind direction meter (anemometer) is a solar powered, reliable and extremely accurate wind speed and direction device. Just 70mm in diameter the Ultrasonic Portable Solar Wind Meter is a handheld complete wind instrument.
Built using the latest solid-state ultrasonic technology the Calypso Portable Solar Sensor delivers many advantages over conventional cup and vane anemometers which have moving parts such as ball bearings that can bind with age or get easily damaged when hit by birds or fouled by ropes.
The Ultrasonic Portable Solar Powered Wind Meter is a wind meter that measures both wind speed (air velocity) and wind direction. Bluetooth Version 5.1 allows data to be viewed by many ‘free to market’ Apps within 50m (line of sight) of the sensor. Data can be saved and downloaded in Excel or .CSV format or mapped for later analysis and reporting.
The Calypso Solar Powered Anemometer has an industry standard 16 mm (M16X2) female attachment thread as found on marine VHF aerial mounts. Varied mounting options ensure an easy fit and forget solution including, aluminium and carbon fibre masts (33cm & 1m lengths), L shaped offset mast mounts, GoPro screw attachment and tripod attachment.
Wirelessly installed the Ultrasonic Portable is self-powered via a solar cell that charges an internal battery delivering up to 29 days of continuous operation in the dark and over a year on sleep mode.
The Calypso Ultrasonic Portable Solar Powered Wind Meter is an ideal stand-alone wind meter, perfect for racing and cruising yachts, dinghies, powerboats, sports keelboats, yacht race management, mark laying and coaching.
Data can be converted into an NMEA0183 or NMEA2000 signal by connecting the sensor wirelessly via Bluetooth to the Calypso NMEA Gateway allowing data transfer to a yachts NMEA0183 or NMEA2000 chart plotter or display.
- Compatible with a wide range of iOS and Android Apps including Calypso Anemotracker, iRegatta, eStela, Sail Racer, EDO Sailing Instruments, Sailgrib, qtVLm Navigation and Routing, Tactiqs and more.
- Bluetooth 5.1 connectivity, 50m line of sight.
- NMEA0183 & NMEA2000 signal conversion via Calypso NMEA Gateway.
- Durable & IPX8 waterproof rated.
- Wind speed and direction sensor.
- Solid-state ultrasonic sensor, maintenance free, no moving parts.
- Varied and easy mounting options, standard 16 mm (M16X2) female attachment thread.
- 29 days of continuous operation with no daylight.
- Wireless solar powered, internal battery.
- Nominated for the Dame Design Awards 2017.
- App functionality varies with selected App
- Apparent wind speed and direction.
- Real wind speed and direction (if used on boat).
- Tracking of your wind data and export to excel or Google Earth.
- Data graphing functions.
- Velocity Made Good calculations.
- Configuration of units of measurement: m/s, km/h, knots.
- Wind direction adjustable damping.
- Threshold alarm, direction offset, map mode, etc…
- Sensor firmware upgrade using the Calypso Upgrader App.
|Wind Speed||Range: 1 – 25 m/s|
|Resolution: ±0.1 m/s at 10m/s|
|Wind direction||Range: 0 – 360º|
|Sensor Type||Ultrasonic transducers (4x)|
|Sample rate||1 Hz, adjustable via some Apps|
|Power Type||Solar panel, internal battery, automatic power management.|
|Autonomy with no sunlight: in sleep mode up to 1 year, while measuring up to ~90 days.|
|Battery Charging||Wireless charging QI pad, included|
|Bluetooth Communication||Version: 5.1|
|Bluetooth Range||Up to 50 meters (line of sight)|
|Firmware||Upgradable via Bluetooth using Calypso Upgrader App|
|IP Waterproof Rating||IPX8 protection grade (30 minutes at 10 meters)|
|Dimensions||Diameter: 70mm, Height: 57 mm|
|Mounting Attachment||Standard VHF aerial mount, 16 mm (M16X2) female thread|