Calypso Ultra-Low Power Wired Ultrasonic Wind Meter
The Calypso Ultra-Low Power Wired Ultrasonic anemometer is a reliable and extremely accurate wind speed and direction sensor with ultra-low power consumption. Just 70mm in diameter the sensor is designed to directly connect to NMEA 0183 chart plotters or to NMEA 2000 chart plotters via the Calypso NMEA Gateway.
The Calypso Ultra-Low Power Wired Ultrasonic wind speed and wind direction meter (anemometer) is a reliable and extremely accurate wind speed and direction device with minimal power consumption. Just 70mm in diameter the sensor is designed to directly connect to NMEA 0183 chart plotters or to NMEA 2000 chart plotters via the Calypso NMEA Gateway.
Built using the latest solid-state ultrasonic technology the Calypso Ultra-Low Power Wired Sensor delivers many advantages over conventional cup and vane anemometers which have moving parts such as ball bearings that can bind with age or get easily damaged when hit by birds or fouled by ropes.
The ULP Wind Meter measures both wind speed (air velocity) and wind direction. The unique shape of the design minimises moisture build-up guaranteeing data accuracy even in heavy rain. Constructed from nylon polyamide the sensor is both robust and durable, perfect for harsh marine environments.
Requiring only 0,25mA @1Hz (RS485) the sensor is the perfect choice for power boats, cruising, and racing yachts.
The Calypso Ultra-Low Power Wired Anemometer can be directly wired to an NMEA 0183 chart plotter or display. If NMEA 2000 data protocol is required, then the sensor is simply connected to the Calypso NMEA Gateway that converts the data into NMEA 2000.
In addition, the Calypso NMEA Gateway has Bluetooth capability (Version 5.1), which allows data to be viewed by many ‘free to market’ iOS or Android Apps within 50m (line of sight) of the Gateway. Data can be saved and downloaded in Excel or .CSV format or mapped for later analysis and reporting. Wi-Fi capability also allows data to be additionally viewed using a laptop or tablet.
The Calypso Ultra-Low Power Wired Ultrasonic Anemometer can be easily mounted to a yachts mast using varied mounting options including, aluminium and carbon fibre masts (33cm & 1m lengths) and an L shaped offset mast mount.
The Calypso Ultra-Low Power Wired Ultrasonic Wind Meter is a perfect long-term solution for wind speed and wind direction monitoring for racing and cruising yachts, dayboats, powerboats and sports keelboats. Minimise maintenance, improve reliability and reduce weight by changing your current cup and vane sensor for a solid-state Calypso wind sensor.
- Wind speed and direction sensor
- Solid-state ultrasonic sensor, maintenance free, no moving parts
- Compact 70mm*70mm
- Lightweight only 130-240 grams
- NMEA0183 communicaion protocol as standard
- NMEA2000 signal conversion via Calypso NMEA Gateway
- Durable & IP68 waterproof rated, submersion below one meter and for more than 30 minutes
- Varied and easy mounting options
- Bluetooth 5.1 connectivity, 50m line of sight via Calypso NMEA Gateway
- Calypso NMEA Gateway is compatible with a wide range of iOS and Android Apps including Calypso Anemotracker, iRegatta, eStela, Sail Racer, EDO Sailing Instruments, Sailgrib, qtVLm Navigation and Routing, Tactiqs and more
- App functionality only available when using Calypso NMEA Gateway
- App functionality varies with selected App
- Apparent wind speed and direction.
- Real wind speed and direction (if used on boat).
- Tracking of your wind data and export to excel or Google Earth.
- Data graphing functions.
- Velocity Made Good calculations.
- Configuration of units of measurement: m/s, km/h, knots.
- Wind direction adjustable damping.
- Threshold alarm, direction offset, map mode, etc…
- Sensor firmware upgrade using the Calypso Upgrader App
|Wind Speed||Range: 1 – 25 m/s or 1 – 45 m/s|
|Resolution: ±0.1 m/s at 10m/s|
|Wind direction||Range: 0 – 360º|
|Sensor Type||Ultrasonic transducers (4x)|
|Sample rate||0.1 Hz to 10 Hz|
|Baud Rate||38400 as standard (can be configured)|
|Power Consumption||(RS485) 0.25 mA at 38400 bauds, 1 Hz. (5V)|
|(UART) 0.15 mA at 38400 bauds, 1 Hz. (5V)|
|Data Output||NMEA0183 ( RS485 On Demand as standard, can be configured to RS485 Poll or RS485 Modbus)|
|Bluetooth Range||Up to 50 meters (line of sight)|
|Firmware||Upgradable via RS485 or UART/TTL|
|IP Waterproof Rating||IP68 protection grade (30 minutes below 1 meter)|
|Dimensions||Diameter: 70mm, Height: 70 mm|
|Weight||130 grams -240 grams|
|Baud Rate||38400 as standard (configurable between 2400 to 115200 (8n1) bauds)|
|Output Rate||0.1 to 20 Hz.|
|Output Units||m/sec., Knots or Km/h.|
|Mounting Attachment||33cm & 1m vertical mast mount options|
|L Shaped mast mount|
|M4 lateral & inferior female thread|
- Carbon Fibre Mast Mount 33cm including ULP Mast Mount Adapter
- Carbon Fibre Mast Mount 1m including ULP Mast Mount Adapter
- Aluminium Mast Mount 33cm including ULP Mast Mount Adapter
- Aluminium Mast Mount 1m including ULP Mast Mount Adapter
- Mast Mount- L Shaped including ULP Mast Mount Adapter
- NMEA Connect Plus Gateways