Calypso Ultrasonic Portable Mini Wind Meter Anemometer
The Calypso Mini Portable wind speed and wind direction meter (anemometer) is a compact handheld battery powered, wind speed and direction sensor, measuring only 43mm in diameter. It requires no wiring on installation and communicates by Bluetooth directly to App or into an NMEA network via the Calypso NMEA Gateway.
The Calypso Mini Portable wind speed and wind direction meter (anemometer) is a battery powered, reliable and extremely accurate wind speed and direction device. Just 43mm in diameter the Ultrasonic Portable Mini is a pocket-sized complete wind instrument.
Built using the latest solid-state ultrasonic technology the Calypso Mini delivers many advantages over conventional cup and vane anemometers which have moving parts such as ball bearings that can bind with age or get easily damaged when hit by birds or fouled by ropes.
The Ultrasonic Portable Mini is a wind meter that measures both wind speed (air velocity) and wind direction. Bluetooth Version: 5.1 allows data to be viewed by many ‘free to market’ Apps within 30m (line of sight) of the sensor. Data can be saved and downloaded in Excel or .CSV format or mapped for later analysis and reporting.
The Calypso Mini sensor has an industry standard female thread (1/4″) and is compatible with any tripod or monopod allowing it to be easily mounted and left for remote wind monitoring. In addition, when used with the Phone Mount (sold separately) you can attach the sensor to your phone via the headphone socket for in-hand wind speed and direction monitoring.
With 150 hours of battery life during operation it can happily gather wind data for over 4 full days continuously. Recharging is simple using a wireless charge pad connected via USB to any power source, it will be fully charged from empty in 4 hours.
The Calypso Mini’s size makes it an ideal stand-alone wind meter, perfect for dinghies, sports keelboats, yacht race management, mark laying and coaching.
Data can be converted into an NMEA0183 or NMEA2000 signal by connecting the sensor wirelessly via Bluetooth to the Calypso NMEA Gateway, allowing data transfer to a yachts NMEA0183 or NMEA2000 chart plotter.
- Compatible with a wide range of iOS and Android Apps including Calypso Anemotracker, iRegatta, eStela, Sail Racer, EDO Sailing Instruments, Sailgrib, qtVLm Navigation and Routing, Tactiqs and more.
- Bluetooth 5.1 connectivity, 30m line of sight.
- NMEA0183 & NMEA2000 signal conversion via Calypso NMEA Gateway.
- Durable & IPX8 waterproof rated.
- Wind speed and direction sensor.
- Solid-state ultrasonic sensor, maintenance free, no moving parts.
- Varied and easy mounting options, universal standard female thread (1/4″).
- 150 hours battery life, rechargeable.
- Wireless battery charging via USB connected charge pad, included.
- 4 hour charging time from empty to full.
- Special mention at the Dame Design Awards 2021.
- App functionality varies with selected App
- Apparent wind speed and direction.
- Real wind speed and direction (if used on boat).
- Tracking of your wind data and export to excel or Google Earth.
- Data graphing functions.
- Velocity Made Good calculations.
- Configuration of units of measurement: m/s, km/h, knots.
- Wind direction adjustable damping.
- Threshold alarm, direction offset, map mode, etc…
- Sensor firmware upgrade using the Calypso Upgrader App
|Wind Speed||Range: 1 – 25 m/s|
|Resolution: ±0.1 m/s at 10m/s|
|Wind direction||Range: 0 – 359º|
|Sensor Type||Ultrasonic transducers (4x)|
|Sample rate||1 Hz, adjustable via some Apps|
|Power Type||Battery powered ( 150 hours continuous use)|
|Battery Charging||Wireless charging QI pad, included|
|Bluetooth Communication||Version: 5.1|
|Bluetooth Range||Up to 30 meters (line of sight)|
|Firmware||Upgradable via Bluetooth using Calypso Upgrader App|
|IP Waterproof Rating||IPX8 protection grade (30 minutes at 10 meters)|
|Dimensions||Diameter: 43 mm, Height: 47 mm|
|Mounting Attachment||Standard tripod mounting thread, female 1/4″|