Calypso Portable Solar Wind Meter & NMEA BT2000 Gateway – CMI1006/CMI1016b
Combine the Calypso Ultrasonic Portable Solar wind speed and wind direction meter (anemometer) with the NMEA BT2000 Gateway, simplifying installation and connection to your NMEA2000 network, display or chartplotter.
The Calypso Portable Solar Wind Meter & NMEA BT2000 Gateway come already paired to simplify installation.
This product combines the Calypso Ultrasonic Portable Solar wind speed and wind direction meter (anemometer), a solar powered, reliable and extremely accurate wind speed and direction device, measuring just 70mm in diameter with the NMEA BT2000 Gateway that enables onward connection to any NMEA2000 network, display or chartplotter.
The Ultrasonic Portable Solar Powered Wind Meter is a wind meter that measures both wind speed (air velocity) and wind direction. The sensor has an industry standard 16 mm (M16X2) female attachment thread as found on marine VHF aerial mounts. Varied mounting options ensure an easy fit and forget solution including, aluminium and carbon fibre masts (33cm & 1m lengths) and L shaped offset mast mounts. Wirelessly installed the unit is self-powered via a solar cell that charges an internal battery delivering up to 29 days of continuous operation in the dark and over a year on sleep mode.
The NCP NMEA BT2000 Gateway connects your Calypso Ultrasonic Portable Solar Powered Wind Meter to an NMEA 2000 network. Additionally, it sends the data through Bluetooth (version 5.1) and allows you to connect up to 2 Bluetooth devices at the same time within 50m (line of sight) of the sensor. Data can be viewed by many ‘free to market’ Apps, saved and downloaded in Excel or .CSV format or mapped for later analysis and reporting.
The Calypso Ultrasonic Portable Solar Sensor and the NCP NMEA BT2000 Gateway come already paired allowing fast installation and easy onward connection to your NMEA2000 network.
- Calypso Portable Solar Sensor and NCP NMEA BT2000 Gateway already paired
- Ready to install
- Compatible with all NMEA 2000 chart plotters & displays
- Allows 2 Bluetooth devices to be connected at same time
- Converts Bluetooth data into NMEA 2000 PGNs
- USB connection to upgrade firmware
- Certified for NMEA 2000
- Compact 93.3mm x 112.54mm x 35.30mm (LxWxH)
- Lightweight only 100 grams
- Durable & IP68 waterproof rated, submersion below one meter and for more than 30 minutes
- Bluetooth 5.1 connectivity, 50m line of sight from Calypso NMEA BT2000 Gateway
- Calypso NMEA Gateway is compatible with a wide range of iOS and Android Apps including Calypso Anemotracker, iRegatta, eStela, Sail Racer, EDO Sailing Instruments, Sailgrib, qtVLm Navigation and Routing, Tactiqs and more.
- App functionality varies with selected App
- Apparent wind speed and direction.
- Real wind speed and direction (if used on boat).
- Tracking of your wind data and export to excel or Google Earth.
- Data graphing functions.
- Velocity Made Good calculations.
- Configuration of units of measurement: m/s, km/h, knots.
- Wind direction adjustable damping.
- Threshold alarm, direction offset, map mode, etc…
- Sensor firmware upgrade using the Calypso Upgrader App
|Certifications:||Fully NMEA 2000 Certified|
|RF certification: FCC/CE-RED/SRRC/TELEC|
|Bluetooth certification: BQB|
|Power supply:||Supply Voltage (VCC Port): 9-24V DC|
|Supply Current (VCC Port): 150mA @12V DC|
|Supply Current (USB Port): <200mA @5V DC|
|Supply Voltage (NMEA 2000 Port): 9-16V DC|
|Supply Current (NMEA 2000 Port): 126mA @12V DC|
|Load Equivalent Number (LEN): 3|
|USB:||Compatibility: USB 1.1 and 2.0|
|Connectivity: Phoenix contact pitch 3.5mm, 1.5mm2 max, push-in 45º.|
|Supported Signals: D+, D-, +5V, GND|
|NMEA 2000:||Data Interface: CAN-BUS port (isolated)|
|Compatibility: Fully NMEA 2000 certified|
|Load Equivalence Number (LEN): 3|
|Connectivity: Phoenix contact pitch 3.5mm, 1.5mm2 max, push-in 45º|
|Bluetooth:||Protocol: Bluetooth Low Energy 4.2|
|Antenna: Internal chip antenna|
|Radio: NZIF receiver with –97 dBm sensitivity Class-1, class-2 and class-3 transmitter AFH|
|Range: 50 m (open space)|
|Mechanical:||Size: 93.3mm x 112.54mm x 35.30mm (LxWxH)|
|Weight: 100 grams|
|Housing Material: Policarbonate 94V-2|
|Cable Diameter: 3 holders (4-8mm & 8-12mm & 10-14mm)|
|Housing Cert: TUV ,CE,ROHS|
|IP Rating: IP68|
|Operating Temperature: -40ºC – 80ºC|
|Electrical rating enclosure: 450 V|