Lasdrop Gen2 Shaft Seal (Imperial Sizing)
£439.99 – £4,959.65
The Lasdrop Generation 2 Shaft Seal is a commercial grade mechanical face seal, designed for long lasting installation in some of the harshest marine conditions. The face seal is made specifically for heavy commercial and harsh environment marine use, it is one of the highest quality seals you will find on the market.
You can view the full range of sizes offered on the sizing and specification tab, standard sizing ranges from 1″ all the way up to 5″. Bespoke sizing is offered on request, contact our expert technical advisors on 01202 624244 or use our live chat functionality.
Note: If you require metric sized Gen2 Shaft Seals, click here
The Lasdrop Gen II shaft seal is packed full of features that makes it the premier shaft seal on the market, it is the culmination of over 25 years of design development. The Generation 2 shaft seal incorporates a unique ball-bearing drive system that allows the seal ring to “float” and remain in constant contact with the carbon graphite seal surface, ensuring the seal is watertight.
Pressure Housing -vs- Bellows Hose. The Gen2 shaft seal creates compression via an innovative pressure housing, eliminating the need for a bellows hose. This pressure housing is far longer lasting when compared to a bellows design, resulting in less maintenance over the life of the seal.
Integrated Bearing Design. An integrated water lubricated bearing allows the seal body to follow the shaft ensuring proper face seal alignment. Note: ALL Lasdrop bearing housings have tolerances within 0.001. The integrated bearing allows the seal body to self-align following the shaft.
Integrated Clamping System. The Gen2 pressure housing secures to the shaft through a simple integrated clamping system. This eliminates the need for set screws – which can lead to damage of the shaft & slippage after their first use leading to a less secure and stable seal.
Sizing. You can view the full range of sizes offered on the sizing and specification tab, standard sizing ranges from 1″ all the way up to 5″. Bespoke sizing offered on request, contact our expert technical advisors on 01202 624244 or use our live chat functionality.
Note: If you require metric sized Gen2 Shaft Seals,
- The Gen II uses a 316-marine grade stainless steel spring to provide pressure to the seal surfaces. Together, the spring and seal ring rotate along with the shaft and remain secured in the Clamp/Pressure housing.
- The Clamp/Pressure housing is secured to the shaft without the use of set screws preventing galling or damage to the shaft.
- Dual u-cup seals, which also rotate on the shaft, are seated inside of the seal ring, and prevent the passage of water to this point.
- The friction ring assembly is constructed from a durable copolymer housing protecting the carbon graphite friction ring and incorporates a water lubricated bearing maintaining correct alignment to the shaft.
- Each kit includes AWAB hose clamps that are manufactured from 316 stainless steel with rolled band edges to eliminate risk of damage to the hose. The non-perforated band provides twice the tensile strength of a regular clamp.
- Available in shaft sizes of 1” – 5” in diameter.
- All units have dual water injection ports including necessary hardware.
- Rated “Best” by Powerboat Reports
- Imperial sizing
- If you require metric sized Gen2 Shaft Seals, click here