Calypso NCP High End NMEA Range Extender | NMEA 0183 & NMEA 2000 Gateway – CMI1016d
The NMEA High End Connect Plus Gateway connects all the Calypso sensor variants to an NMEA 2000 or NMEA 0183 network as required and translates your wind data to the required output. Data can additionally be viewed over Bluetooth via IOS or Android App and on PC via WIFI.
The NMEA High End Connect Plus Gateway connects all the Calypso sensor variants to an NMEA 2000 or NMEA 0183 network as required and translates your wind data to the desired output interface.
Moreover, the Bluetooth (Version 5.1) transmission allows up to two Bluetooth devices to be connected at the same time within 50m (line of sight) of the Gateway, making the NMEA Gateway the perfect solution to access your wind data simultaneously on several Bluetooth devices whether tablets, smartphones, smart watches, or PC’s etc. There is a wide range of ‘free to market’ iOS or Android Apps available.
Wi-Fi connection allows data to be additionally viewed using PC based software. This means several users can get wind data from the same wind meter via chart plotter/display, Bluetooth, and Wi-Fi simultaneously.
The NCP is a remarkably simple device to install and use and is extremely versatile being available in 4 options ensuring you can connect easily to any NMEA chart plotter or display.
- NCP_ High-End: Connects to any of the Calypso sensors, receives wind data from the sensor and converts it to either NMEA 0183 or NMEA 2000 as required. Allows Bluetooth & Wi-Fi connectivity onwards from the NMEA Gateway.
See table below for functionality of each model:
See manual for full details
- Connects any Calypso sensor to an NMEA 0183 or NMEA 2000 network
- Compatible with all NMEA 0183 & NMEA 2000 chart plotters & displays
- Allows 2 Bluetooth devices to be connected at same time
- Converts Bluetooth data into NMEA 0183 sentences and NMEA 2000 PGNs
- Access wind data over Wi-Fi
- USB connection to upgrade firmware – firmware upgrades to bring any model to the High-End specification.
- Certified for NMEA 2000
- Compact 93.3mm x 112.54mm x 35.30mm (LxWxH)
- Lightweight only 100 grams
- Durable & IP68 waterproof rated, submersion below one meter and for more than 30 minutes
- Bluetooth 5.1 connectivity, 50m line of sight from Calypso NMEA Gateway
- Calypso NMEA Gateway is compatible with a wide range of iOS and Android Apps including Calypso Anemotracker, iRegatta, eStela, Sail Racer, EDO Sailing Instruments, Sailgrib, qtVLm Navigation and Routing, Tactiqs and more.
- App functionality only available when using Calypso NMEA Gateway
- App functionality varies with selected App
- Apparent wind speed and direction.
- Real wind speed and direction (if used on boat).
- Tracking of your wind data and export to excel or Google Earth.
- Data graphing functions.
- Velocity Made Good calculations.
- Configuration of units of measurement: m/s, km/h, knots.
- Wind direction adjustable damping.
- Threshold alarm, direction offset, map mode, etc…
- Sensor firmware upgrade using the Calypso Upgrader App
|Certifications:||Fully NMEA 2000 Certified|
|RF certification: FCC/CE-RED/SRRC/TELEC|
|Wi-Fi certification: Wi-Fi Alliance|
|Bluetooth certification: BQB|
|Power supply:||Supply Voltage (VCC Port): 9-24V DC|
|Supply Current (VCC Port): 150mA @12V DC|
|Supply Current (USB Port): <200mA @5V DC|
|Supply Voltage (NMEA 2000 Port): 9-16V DC|
|Supply Current (NMEA 2000 Port): 126mA @12V DC|
|Load Equivalent Number (LEN): 3|
|USB:||Compatibility: USB 1.1 and 2.0|
|Connectivity: Phoenix contact pitch 3.5mm, 1.5mm2 max, push-in 45º.|
|Supported Signals: D+, D-, +5V, GND|
|NMEA 0183:||Data Interface: 2x RS-485 port (isolated).|
|Baudrate: 4800/38400 (8N1) bauds|
|Connectivity: Phoenix contact pitch 3.5mm, 1.5mm2 max, push-in 45º. Termination resistor configurable|
|NMEA 2000:||Data Interface: CAN-BUS port (isolated)|
|Compatibility: Fully NMEA 2000 certified|
|Load Equivalence Number (LEN): 3|
|Connectivity: Phoenix contact pitch 3.5mm, 1.5mm2 max, push-in 45º|
|Bluetooth:||Protocol: Bluetooth Low Energy 4.2|
|Antenna: Internal chip antenna|
|Radio: NZIF receiver with –97 dBm sensitivity Class-1, class-2 and class-3 transmitter AFH|
|Range: 50 m (open space)|
|WIFI:||Protocols: 802.11 b/g/n (802.11n up to 150 Mbps). Access point and Station|
|Antena: Internal chip antenna|
|Frequency range: 2.4 GHz ~ 2.5 GHz|
|Max Output power: 20 dBM|
|Antenna: Integrated internal antenna|
|Range: 100 m (open space)|
|Mechanical:||Size: 93.3mm x 112.54mm x 35.30mm (LxWxH)|
|Weight: 100 grams|
|Housing Material: Policarbonate 94V-2|
|Cable Diameter: 3 holders (4-8mm & 8-12mm & 10-14mm)|
|Housing Cert: TUV ,CE,ROHS|
|IP Rating: IP68|
|Operating Temperature: -40ºC – 80ºC|
|Electrical rating enclosure: 450 V|